Join Dr. Amanda Montoya, pediatric physical therapist, in this interactive, fun, and supportive 3-part series exploring your baby’s introduction to movement and tummy time. Movement is one of the first ways babies begin to understand themselves and the world around them. This workshop will give you the tools for shaping the foundation of your baby’s body and brain.
Tummy time is essential for physical and cognitive development. Lack of tummy time can contribute to a “flat head” and developmental delays. However, tummy time isn’t as simple as putting your baby down on the floor, especially when they cry! Bring your baby and participate in this workshop to experience ways to easily integrate tummy time into your daily routine in order to optimize their developmental skills and promote gross motor, fine motor, sensory and visual development. When your baby loves moving, playing and learning on the floor, your experience and connection during the first year will completely change for the better!
- Length: 45 minutes
- Ages: newborns to pre-crawlers
- Bring: a blanket and favorite toy
- Cost: $75 for the 3 part series
- Thursday mornings, 11 am - 11:45 am
- September 20th, September 27th, & October 4th
- Payment is required to reserve your space, and invoice will be e-mailed to you shortly after registration
- Week 1: Introduction to tummy time, why it’s important and why it’s so challenging for babies. Introduction of tips and tricks for easier tummy time positioning including propping.
- Week 2: Discussion of challenges and progression into stage 2 of tips and tricks for happier tummy time. Respecting your baby, listening, and meeting them where they are.
- Week 3: Introduction of play positions that lead to achievement of milestones, sensory and body exploration, and thriving in the first 12 months.