Childbirth is a natural, normal event in a woman's life, perhaps the most transformative thing a woman and her partner will experience. Robin's childbirth classes help to guide a woman and her partner through this amazing event. In the class series, a pregnant mama is encouraged to tap into her own, “inner birthing wisdom”, and empower her to trust her body's natural instinct and her inner strength, as she learns how to move through the stages of labor and surrender to the process of birth. Dads have the opportunity to derive the ability to support and comfort his partner with relaxation tools and the information
that he learns.
Class topics include:
- The process of labor and birth as well as variations (including inductions, cesarean and more).
- The use of movement and positions, massage, relaxation techniques, guided visualization and breathing are offered throughout the series.
- Information regarding natural ways to cope with labor as well as medication options are provided.
- Breastfeeding is covered as one of the classes.
- Also included are discussions on communicating with your birth team, interviewing pediatricians, postpartum preparation and adjustment, birth choices, and bonding as a couple.
- Robin's CD "Meditations From Hawaii for Birthing With Wisdom" is included.
Robin uses humor, stories, demonstrations, compassion and "Jewish motherly wisdom" in her teaching. After the birth of the last baby in the class, Robin opens her home for a class reunion to share stories and take pictures. Many of her childbirth classes go on to form mommy and me playgroups on their own.
Taught by Robin Gruver, ICCE
This class will be held on eight Tuesday evenings (September 25th - November 13th) from 6:30 pm - 9 pm at our new location in the Oaks Mall (next to Destination Maternity)
$385 per couple. For more information or to register, please contact Robin at 818-707-0894 or Robin@BirthingWithWisdom.com