Classes are appropriate for first-time as well as experienced parents no matter what type of birth you are planning - hospital, birth center, or at home; natural or unmedicated, cesarean or VBAC birth.
Each class is customized to the needs of the couples in the room. While we always cover the material in traditional birth classes including: pain coping techniques, understanding the physiology of labor, and timing contractions; there is so much more. There is no rigid syllabus, and no two classes will ever be the same. This means we focus on your individual experience of this pregnancy, birth, and postpartum journey.
These classes will prepare you beyond anything you can read in a book. We will explore how to connect with your internal wisdom while experiencing the intensity of birth and facing the unknown . . . even when you think you don’t know what to do next. Even if things don’t go according to plan. You will gain confidence in your ability to navigate your way through the unknown.
- Gain an understanding of how labor works
- Birth in awareness in our birth culture, whatever the birth location or outcome of the events of your birth
- Prevent or minimize emotionally difficult births through compassionate, honest preparation
- Increase your confidence by practicing mindfulness and effective pain coping techniques
- Explore the unexpected outcome; control the controllable
- Learn practical information about birth, life with a new baby, and your evolving relationships
- Learn how to make dads and partners an intricate part of the birth experience, supporting mom while increasing connection and intimacy with mom and baby
- Learn the ancient techniques of the Rebozo for comfort during pregnancy, labor, and postpartum
- Plan to be well supported as your new family navigates the postpartum journey
Join us for a lively, interactive birth class as unique as your individual birth.
Taught by Jessica Chapman
$280 per couple, please fill out the form below to register.